This project is read-only.

HOW TO CONNECT TO PC (NOT SKYDRIVE)

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:15 AM
if you want to have your recordings on your personal computer you have to make sure that your IP address is correct within the software, Free Recorder Explorer, and that your phone has your computers correct IP address. you may do this by going to command prompt within windows, and if you dont know where the command prompt is just search for it in the start menu and it will pop up, or you may type cmd in the run program. When you get to the command prompt type 'ipconfig' then you may scroll up until you see IPv4.........after these periods there should be a 10 digit number and this is your IP address.

the next step is to make sure that both of the port numbers match on your phone and on your computer then restart the computer program and click connect to computer on your phone within the application and boom you have done it.
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:24 AM
MY BAD GUYS THE IP ADDRESS IS ABOVE THE DEFAULT GATEWAY IT IS NOT THE NAME... AND NUMBERS CIRCLED
IN THIS IMAGE IT IS WHATS UNDERLINED YOUR IP ADDRESS WILL MOST LIKELY BE DIFFERENT:

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
how to run the applicaion explorer on window 7?
it says Application is improperly formatted
Aug 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
first download .netframes4.5 version then do again
Aug 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
You can upload to your PC with these Steps:
  1. Required your PC and phone in wifi local My PC is W8 and nokia 520
  2. Run Free Recorder on your win phone to get parameter connect to PC. In exp your phone show
    IP : 192.168.1.100 port :56789 You Change port to 5900
  3. Install Free Recorder Explorer (http://frexplorer.codeplex.com) to your PC
  4. Change your PC network match with parameter above here is 192.168.1.100
  5. Run Free Recorder Explorer on your PC choose IP and port (192.168.1.100 and 5900 in this exp)
  6. Restart
  7. Run Free Recorder Explorer on your PC
  8. On phone press connect to PC
    Now you can download good quality recording.
    If above not working feel free contact with me.
    Goodluck
Sep 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
hello
I really tried hard to connect my Nokia Lumia to the pc. I got an ip adress which says 2.131.108.235 and I tried different port numbers as 5900 and 56789 and 56987 and my smartphone says:
ERROR
timout for connection expired. connection failed.

I hope you can help me. I look forward to hear from you
regards from
Peter
Denmark
Oct 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Hi peter
Did you try to show your PC ip like first post.
You can contact with me at
anhdothe@live.com
Thanks
Oct 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Cant install freerecorder explorer.application to my W7 PC, don't know why, it says wrong format, connect with creating company. My phone - HTC Titan WP7. How can I upload my records to PC?
look forward to say thank you)
Nov 18, 2013 at 4:59 AM
I have done everything as discussed here.entered the id address of the pC and the Nokia 620 but still not able to connect.pl help urgently as i am using the recorder for my research and have alot of recordings now which i need to save . Thanks ! Shobha
Dec 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM
hi ... i have problem like peter said and my smartphone says:
ERROR

please help me ...?
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm suffering exactly the same problem, trying to connect from a Lumia 920:
ERROR

I also have problems uploading larger files (linger recordings) to SkyDrive: the application crashes on the phone a few seconds after starting the upload.

I will appreciate your help
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I'm using Nokia Lumia 520 hand set n in that I'm having lots of voice recording which are very important to me.so now I wanted to save it on my PC.will u pls tell me how can I do it.
Feb 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM
hello..
how to restart this application?
please.. help me..!!
May 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Edited May 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I see that few people are still confused about how to transfer audio files from Nokia windows phone to their PC. I was also facing similar problems and this post definitely helped me figure out the mystery, though the steps written are not clear and it is a bit confusing. Hence I will try once again :-

First requirement is to have your PC and phone both connected to the same WIFI. I tried the following combination with success : - Windows 7 PC, Nokia 520 (O/S - Windows 8).
  1. Install the exe file into your PC from https://frexplorer.codeplex.com/releases/view/102201, "Free Recorder Explorer 1.0 (zip)" . Upon unzipping you will get the exe file, double click to install on the PC.
  2. Open Free Recorder explorer on your PC. click on "connection" button and from the "Network Interfaces" drop-down choose the current IP Address of your PC. If the IP Address of your PC do not automatically show up in the drop down, then re-start the "Free Recorder Application" in your PC till the correct IP Address of your PC shows up. You can confirm / find the IP Address of your PC by opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig" to find out the IP Address similar to the way as mentioned in the first post of this page. There is no need to re-start your computer. In port enter the same port as you have entered in your phone as mentioned in step 4. In my case I entered port as 5900.
  3. Open the Free Recorder application in your Nokia phone. click on the three dots on the right side to open options. Choose "connect to pc" option.
  4. Under connection parameter provide IP Address and port number. The IP Address should be of your PC. You can enter any number in port, I entered port as "5900".
  5. Now click on the connect button in your Free Recorder application on your phone. If everything was done as I had mentioned then you should see connection successful message in your Free recorder application on your phone
  6. you would be able to see all the recordings in the Free Recorder explorer. That's it !!. Now you can copy the recording to your computer.

Good Luck !!
May 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM
One of the steps everyone missed is port number. it is not 5900, it differs for every PC just as IP address.
An easy step to find port number use command "netstat -a" in cmd
the numbers next to 127.0.0.1:XXXXX are the valid port numbers to successfully establish the connection.

good luck!!!